Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Week 1, Run 3 and more news...

This week I went on my Week 1 Run 3 which was my first long run of 2.5 miles. Ok so this distance isn't particularly longer then what I usually run, but on a treadmill I could feel/was aware of every step I took past mile 2. Once again, I can not wait until it is warm so I can run outside! I don't think I'll be able to do 3 miles on the treadmill for my next long run so I may have to brave the cold.

Distance: 2.5 miles
Time: 22:30
Time per mile: 9 minutes

In other news, I have some bad news regarding my 10K (but good news for my cousin!). I have a family baby shower that got scheduled for the same day as the race! Of course I will be attending the baby shower since that is more important then the run but I'm not sure what I am going to do with my training. I could finish my training plan and just not run the race, perhaps sign up for another race in the same general time, or move on to another exercise goal. Any suggestions?? I really am torn.

1 comment:

  1. Keep the training plan and find another race.... or come down here and drink with me for the weekend :-)

    I dont know Torks, but either way I am proud of you and I am going to miss your old blog name :-(.

    ReplyDelete