Saturday, December 18, 2010

Chocolate Bacon Bites and Intro



Chocolate Bacon Bites

What could make delicious food even more delicious? A good ol' chocolate smothering of course. That's exactly what came to mind when I made these little wonders. Not only are they interesting and different, they are a tasty crowd pleaser. One of my biggest goals for this blog is to hopefully find and share more of these intriguing recipes and ideas as this blog grows.
Recipe:
16 slices thick cut bacon
2 tablespoons brown sugar
8 oz milk chocolate
1/4 cup of chopped nuts

Preheat your oven to 375 degrees. Once you cut your bacon into bite sized peices, line the bacon on parchment paper and sprinkle with brown sugar. Bake for 20 minutes or until crisp. Melt milk chocolate in microwave for 30 seconds, stir, and repeat until chocolate is completely melted. Dip crisp and fully cooled bacon in melted milk chocolate and place on cooking rack. After all pieces have been dipped, sprinkle chopped nuts over them. Once the chocolate is fully set and cooled, transfer to serving plate. Makes about 48 pieces depending on size.

Now that we have that wonderfulness out of the way, I'll tell you a little about myself.


My husband Jake and I live in Arlington, VA. We were recently wed in May of 2010 and have successfully made it through 7 happy months of married life :) Whether he knows it or not, Jake is my expert taste tester and has and enjoyed the good creations and made it through the bad... (we won't talk about the disputed food sickness that he may or may not have gotten one time). I know cooking as a couple is a lot like marriage. There is a lot of compromise and communication that must go on in order to build mutually agreed on meals and trust in one another to try new things. Enough about that, let's give Jake a quick shout out.

Woot woot! I can hopefully get some feedback out of him about my food creations that I will share with you all. As for the Chocolate Bacon Bites..

Jake's Take : Hesitant at first but after trying them had a hard time remembering why chocolate and bacon wouldn't be "kick ass".  

I hope to update this blog a few times a week and share new and traditional recipes. I may also blog about some exciting life events along the way ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment