Thursday, January 13, 2011

Lemon Pepper Chicken Home Made Crouton Salad and Fresh Bought Ravioli Ridiculousness

One of the things I will miss about my old job is its close location to Eastern Market. They have a large indoor market with all sorts of fresh and hand made foods. I particularly love the home made pasta section. Earlier this week I bought these little beauties:
Hand made cheese ravioli with pretty stripes.
I boiled them for about 3 minutes and they were done! Fresh pasta has so much more flavor then store bought pasta and cooks in about a third of the time. I try to buy it anytime I come across it.
I topped it with my home made marinara sauce and....
Yummmy ridiculousness!
I know Jake doesn't consider food a meal without a meat so I grilled up some easy lemon pepper chicken.
Recipe:
4 chicken strip cuts
Lemon pepper seasoning
2 tbs olive oil

Heat oil in pan over medium heat. Remove chicken strips from package and pat dry. Season both sides with the lemon pepper seasoning. Cook for about 8 minutes flipping chicken half way through. Remove once chicken is fully cooked through. Makes 2 servings.


I topped mine with a raspberry walnut light dressing and Jake went with the light ranch. I forgot to buy croutons at the store so I thought I would give home made croutons a shot.
Recipe:
4 pieces of Healthy White or Wheat bread cut into bite sized cubes
2 tbs olive oil
1/2 tbs of salt
1/2 tbs of pepper
1/2 tbs of garlic powder
1 tbs dried parsley

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Toss bread cubes with oil. Add seasoning and gently toss again. Arrange on tin foil lined baking sheet in a single layer. Bake for about 10-15 minutes or until bread is golden brown. 

They turned out pretty good and definitely more healthy then store bought croutons. I might try adding Parmesan cheese next time as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment