Wednesday, January 5, 2011

01/05/11 Run

Due to cold weather and lack of sunshine at 6PM, I hit the treadmill to get in a run. The treadmill actually gave me a good chance to work on my running time since I was able to control my pace. I ran the first 16 1/2 minutes at a 6.5mph pace and then ran the remaining 2 mile distance at a 7.3mph pace.

Miles: 2
Time: 18:12
Time per mile: 9:06

After I hit the two mile mark, I slowed down to 3.5mph and increased the incline to its highest height for 2 1/2 minutes. Here's what my finished run looked like including my inclined walk.

 After my run I did some leg and chest presses, ab crunches, and stretched. I am happy with my 9:06 per mile time but I know I will have to work hard to maintain a pace like that for the entire 10K.


No comments:

Post a Comment