Thursday, January 20, 2011

Chicken and Dumplings.. and the importance of first-year-o-marriage back ups

So this week I figured out I like the idea of chicken and dumplings way more then I liked the actual dish. I came across an interesting recipe on the Pink Parsley blog. It is a chicken and dumpling dish that uses Salsa Verde which adds a kick and herb cornmeal dumplings which adds more flavor.

It took about an hour to put together but I had been cold all day and had the motivation to make a super comforting food.


        Recipe found here.

The first few bites tasted awesome. It had a lot of flavor, spice, and was incredibly rich. However, it was way too heavy for Jake and I to eat as a meal. We had ate about 1/4 of our plate and agreed that the rest was going to have to go in the fridge for another time.

In came my first-year-o-marriage back up food. Since I like to try new recipes quite a bit, it is crucial I have back up food in case the recipe is a flop. Some of these back ups include hot pockets, chicken pot pies, skillet meals, and of course toasted PB&J.

I think I got way more compliments on my 3 minute PB&Js then the hour long chicken and dumplings with fresh cut herbs, but I'll take what I can get :)

No comments:

Post a Comment