Sunday, January 2, 2011

Happy New Years!

Jake and I returned late last night from an awesome weekend of skiing in Pennsylvania. We have had bad New Years experiences in the past so we decided to do a weekend get away this year to celebrate. Besides having to change hotel rooms at 3AM due to a party going on right above us on New Years night, the trip was a success and we were able to get in some warm up runs before our trip to Colorado in two weeks.
Jake and I at Round Top :)

On the way back to the hotel we stopped by a frozen lake and took a walk on it to check it out. The person behind us is the park ranger who was taking a measurement of how deep the ice was. It was 7 1/2 inches thick so we were good to go.

We also stopped by a beer store to pick up some champagne for the night and found this:
I really thought Four Loko had been banned? We bought some to try :o)
You can't tell me this is a natural color:

We split one can... Tasted like green jello with a hint of battery acid.

5 comments:

  1. Glad y'all had a great trip!

    I am majorly jealous of all the slopes y'all are getting in this year!!

    Brian and I saw 4loko at a 7-eleven the other day so I am not sure what the deal is. Todd also seems to always have a supply on hand.

    On a side note I love love love pepper jelly and am on the edge on my seat to see what you make with it :-)

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Joy! We'll have to make sure we get plenty of skiing in on our Snow Shoe trip. Hope you like the pepper jelly recipes! Let me know if you have any other ideas for it because I'm slightly obsessed with it..
    Thanks for following my blog too lol :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. we enjoyed that same delightfully flavored (and colored) 4 loko on new years...i'm pretty sure my brain cells deteriorated with every sip. at least we're all in this together!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha! Ok so we might have jumped the gun buying a 12 pack of it...

    ReplyDelete